Click Here for our Position

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Oh Dear! What can the matter be?

This is going to sound really dodgy. Yesterday, caught short, dashed into public toilet, camera on wrist. Quick pee, turned to flush and camera slipped off wrist into public toilet bowl. What to do? Some of you may be aware of my aversion to toilets, loo brushes et al. Well it's my camera down there waterlogged, my Blog faithful, been round the world with me and makes me look like a half decent photographer ( all credit to my EX- FujiFinepix Digital). So holding my breathe, steeling myself, plunged my right hand down into the dodgy depths but the damn thing was wedged in there. My friend Lin was in next cubicle and could hear me shouting expletives! After a few wriggles unwedged the camera but the damage was done :O(
I left the cubicle with this 'thing' dangling as far from myself as possible; threw it under the tap and friend says: 'Put soap on it then under the drier'. In desperation I followed orders but you can see this is going only in one direction can't you?  Soaped my hands as if scrubbing up for surgery - my stomach flipping - trying NOT to remember I had my hand down a public toilet bowl... Well the long and short of it is, I'm now researching a bridge camera in earnest and until that is done and I've purchased said camera my Blog is going to be 'pictureless'. Yesterday we took Lin and Rob Briggs to the top of the Rock ( our first trip up there as well) fabulous views - no camera :O(    Sorry!

4 comments:

  1. wonderful toilet cubicle tale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello :O) great to have you onboard!!

      Debating Fuji, Canon...too many choices...might have a look at 'wHICh' Bridge camera see what other people have to say....hope it NEVER happens to you!

      Love M xx

      Delete
  2. Or you could say "exposition" ! hahahah ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like 'exposition' :O) The smaller the 'chunks' of it the better LOL

      Delete